Flourishing Through Friendship
Our aim is to provide an inspirational education for the children and families of Stilton in which every child is valued and nurtured, regardless of their gender, ethnicity or economic background so that they aspire, flourish and achieve their full potential.
The pupil premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
We review the impact of the spending of the pupil premium at the end of each academic year.
Pupil premium funding is available to both mainstream and non-mainstream schools, such as special schools and pupil referral units. It is paid to schools according to the number of pupils who have been:
- registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- been in care for 6 months or longer
At Stilton Primary Academy we allocate funding in a variety of ways with the aim being to :
- To enable pupils eligible for pupil premium to access the same learning opportunities as other pupils
- To target support in basic skills, including national or accelerated progress in math and English
- To narrow the gaps between pupils eligible for PP funding and their peers
- To work on closer relationships with and more engagement from the families of pupils who are eligible
- To enrich the lives of children eligible for PP funding by providing a range of after school clubs, trips and music lessons otherwise unavailable to them
- To support adopted pupils so that they make the same rates of progress as their peers.
Please see the attached documents which detail:
- An evaluation of the previous year's plan
- A current plan for the year