Welcome to Squirrel Class!
Please scroll down for information about our current topic and the topics we've covered so far this year. On our class page you will also find home learning and curriculum maps for each term, information about PE and useful resources and links.
Autumn Term 1: Allotment
Welcome back Year 5! We hope you've had a fantastic summer holiday and that you are looking forward to another year at Stilton. This term our topic will be about Allotments.
As part of this topic we will be learning about lots of exciting things:
- about food production
- about trade around the world
- how plants reproduce
- we'll FaceTime and real farmer in the UK and learn about his dairy farm
- we'll grow our own vegetables and maybe use them to cook something if we are successful!
- we'll read The Secret Garden and answer questions about it in Guided Reading
- we'll explore wonderful artists such as Georgia O'Keeffe
and so much more!
We can't wait to get started!
Below you will be able to find a curriculum map for this term and some other useful resources that you might need throughout this topic.
Please make sure that you have your PE kits in school all week however PE lessons will be on a Monday and Thursday afternoon. Please be prepared for both indoor and outdoor PE. Make sure you have warm clothing for PE as we will be going outside this term and the weather might get colder.
Each week you will be expected to: read at least 4 times a week, practice your timestables (this can be done online) and to learn your spellings for your spelling test every other week (the words are available in the link below).